This plugin adds credits, link and license fields to media uploads and offer several options to display image credits on your posts and pages. You can either:
- Use the [image-credits] shortcode. Optional attributes are
templatetemplate` (use curly brackets instead of square brackets for placeholders).
- Use the
template tag. Optional parameters aretemplate tag. Optional parameters are
- Let the plugin automatically display the credits for you, before or after the content or overlaid above each image.
- Use the widget to display the credits in the footer or the sidebars.
See the settings page to choose how you display the credits, including the HTML used to build them.
This plugin is a fork of the Image Credits plugin by Adam Capriola. It is 100% compatible, if you are already using the Image Credit plugin just replace it with this one and it will work about the same way, except you will have more control.
This plugin follows the standard WordPress installation method:
- Upload the
folder to thefolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the plugin’s settings page to configure the plugin.
- Fixing notices
- Fixing overlay setup when image is already loaded
- Adding autocomplete features to the “license” and “license link” fields
- Adding option to add credits to caption shortcode
- Added a setting to pick-up the color of the overlay background
- Preparing for language packs
- The search box in the media library now allows searches through the credits fields
- Plugin now uses only one row in the options’ table
- Fixed bug that prevents ovelayed credits to properly display when multiple images have the same credits
- Added template-related settings to the credits widget
- Added the possibility to set the credits in bulk in the media library. Open the media library, choose the list mode then in the “Bulk Actions” dropdown choose the “Image Credits” action. Select the images you want to update and press the “Apply” button.
- Totally masking the widget when there is no credit
- Updated all translations
- Updating pot file and French translations
- Changes for WordPress 4.3
- Widget can now display credits on archive pages too
templatetemplate` attribute to shortcode
- More fix related to the admin hook issue.
- Fixed wrong hook used to initialized the admin part of the plugin causing the cusom fields not to show up or not to save when adding an image from the post editor.
- Added support for a link to the license.
- Added support for custom header and background images.
- Added a widget to display the credits in footer or sidebars.
- Improved the support for the overlay display option
- Added templating for the individual credits
- Added a license field
- Simplified and moved around some code
- Added support for image galleries
- Added Italian and Serbian translations
- Added French translations
- Added Dutch translations
- Removed overlay script dependency on
, replaced with, replaced with
- Initial release
- 3 years