Now in France there is a flurry of articles about how websites for airlines and train companies are tracking you IP address to raise the prices if you were to come back. And, of course, they all give practical advices to the poor reader so they don’t get scammed. There are several things in those articles that had my bells ringing. Continue reading
Most people attribute their misery to someone else, or circumstances, but they completely fail to realize they are the only one person responsible for it. Unfortunately it prevents them to take over and reverse the trend. Continue reading
- You call all white people (and only white people) ”farangs”
- You complained about British tourists back in the days, then about French and Arab tourists and now you rant about Chinese and Russians
- You stock up beers before election and Buddha days and invite your friends for a BBQ
- You’re on a retirement visa and complain about people on a student visa
- You can spot a LadyBoy with a 99.9% accuracy
- You rank girls based on their skin color (the darker, the lower)
- You already have your plane ticket to leave Thailand for next Songkran
- You go to the Karaoke at least once a month and you know most of the popular Thai songs
- On Facebook, you already posted pictures of you with piles of money
- You don’t confuse Ubon and Udon anymore
I though I would give you a heads up on my next adventures. So here it is: In June I will leave Thailand for two months. Destinations: Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam then Japan. Continue reading
I had the same problem recently on 4 different WordPress installations: When trying to reset my password the process would stop short at the last stage (when I submit the new password) and the server would return me a “403 Forbidden” HTTP status code.
If you are going to Bangkok for the first time, here’s a bunch of advice about wandering around and using public transportations in the City of Angels. Some of those advice will likely also help you in any other metropolis, asian or else. Continue reading
Yesterday I went to see “Oblivion”, the last Tom Cruise movie [imdb], this is what I though about it.
“Oblivion”, the last movie featuring Tom Cruise, directed by Joseph Kosinski who also directed “Tron Legacy” in 2012 (not a good reference if you ask me), is a SciFi movie about a team of two humans technicians on a planet Earth that was ravaged by war after an alien invasion. “We won the war but we lost the planet” as they say.
The rest of humanity has emigrated on Jupiter’s moon, Titan, and Jack and Victoria are assigned to the maintenance of drones protecting energy rigs that convert sea water into energy cells. Rigs and drones are regularly attacked by the “scavs”, remnants of the alien army that invaded Earth. Jack is going to discover that there is more to that than what he has been told… Continue reading
Last week-end I went to Kuala Lumpur with a friend. We stayed there 2 nights, so not really long enough to form a definitive opinion but here are a few impressions I got. Continue reading